Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Playstation 2 is 10 Today

So the PS2 has it's 10th anniversary today, and as of this year the PlayStation brand has been around for 15years. PS2 launched of course, October 2000 and was the first console that came built in with a DVD/CD player and offered Internet connectivity and online gameplay for the very first time. Also the PS2 was the first game console to ever to hit 50million units in North America and there are 140million worldwide.

Here's a little video from the Official PlayStation.Blog. 



Pretty crazy stuff.. I remember when my big brother got his PlayStation One. I was hyped up for the N64 and he was talking to me about this crazy new console called PlayStation that was made by Sony, to which I lol'd and was like, "Sony?! What do they know about gaming?!" well.. how wrong I was as a young chap =). But I ended up getting the N64 anyway and my brother got the PlayStation, I had a PlayStation too but nearer the end of it's cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment