Sunday, September 19, 2010

EVE Tactics - The Fist

So been playing a lot of EVE again. Started getting myself more in to the smaller faction ships actually but those are only so fun. My favorite ships to fly are for sure Heavy Assault Ships. Mainly the Ishtar in my case.. I just love dropping a whack of drones/sentries on top of someone and flying off and watching them die a painful death. But recently things have been changing and I keep hearing people saying "fist hac gang" I'm thinking, what in the hell... is a fist hac gang?!

Well people, here is a video telling you EXACTLY what a fist fleet is lol. Also quite a few other handy tactics if you didn't already know them, not to mention it's just a good video.. erm, anyway. A fist fleet is basically armor tanked heavy assault ships with an afterburner instead of a microwarp drive, and then the mids are full of EW, such as scram, web, ECM, target painter.. etc. The goal is to have a huge EHP (Effective HP) with some speed tank (which is where the AB comes in to play) while keeping a very small signature radius. Effectively making yourself very hard to track and hit with larger guns and still moving quickly, having EW capabilities and very good DPS (Damage Per Second).

In the video it's Zealot setups that Pandemic Legion prefer, however I can't fly Amarr and I basically have the same style setup on an Ishtar.


Adapt or Die - Flinx Evenstar from Eddie Gordo on Vimeo.

So yeah. You basically just throw a large plate and lots of resists in the lows. AB in mids with your preference of EW. And then whatever guns/nos/neut etc you want in the top slots.

This setup here is basically like what is used by pandemic legion - they fly Zealots like I said so, Zealot fit (it's a loss mail lol) Of course you can fit T2 instead of faction gear like they have.

The Ishtar setup I use is more like this - Ishtar fit. Except my tanks a bit better =)

Anyway - Hope that helped anyone wondering what a "Fist Gang" is, or even just helped you with general PVP tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment