Saturday, September 4, 2010

Super Mario Galaxy 2

As much as I enjoyed the first Super Mario Galaxy and I completely encourage any Mario fan to buy it.. The second one is sooo much better. If you are interested, and don't want to initially buy both, I would highly recommend the sequel. Almost everything that could have been improved was.. and more!

(If you have not played the first one, don't worry the second one does not rely on it. There are some similarities but it is simple and user friendly. The nice thing about Mario, is that it's always the same story! Bowser steals Peach and you rescue her by defeating him.)

As soon as I began playing this game, I was blown away at it's improvements; it's truly hard to even describe. The worlds and planets offer a huge variety of game play divided into sections. Similarly to the first game, you get many unique power ups that allow you to expand your game play experience. I found a few quite challenging while others seemed almost too easy. Luckily, comets offer specific challenges that turn simple planets into more challenging ones. In hopes for perfection, I have painstakingly fulfilled the comet's expectations. There have been some amazing planets throughout the game which make it particularly addictive. The familiar sounds and sights are nostalgic and make me think of previous Mario games. However, there are so many new things, that once you've used them.. You'll wonder how you ever lived without!

This game offers you the chance to have a second player come in and help. Their main task is to collect star bits, but they have the added ability to "freeze" enemies momentarily to help player 1. I like to hog this game, so I've never had the opportunity to play as player 2, but Higgy tells me it's good to see the action in the game and help them get a feel for it before diving in.

Just like most Mario games, it's very easy to get dozens of one-up mushrooms so don't worry about dying, it's part of the fun! :) This is my favorite Mario game to date! I didn't want to give away any specifics or spoilers; but I wanted to ensure that everyone understood it's awesomely epic proportions. I would not change a single thing about this game, and for that reason I give it a perfect 10/10. For anyone that loves Mario, this is a must buy game!!

The combination of Mario on the Wii is the perfect gateway to other games. I started out with Mario and now I consider myself an avid gamer. I owe my entire gaming life to Mario!

No comments:

Post a Comment